Friday 20 March 2009

Stardust


And now the purple dusk of twilight time/Steals across the meadows of my heart/High up in the sky the little stars climb/Always reminding me that were apart/You wander down the lane and far away/Leaving me a song that will not die/Love is now the stardust of yesterday/The music of the years gone
by/Sometimes I wonder why I spend/The lonely night dreaming of a song/The melody haunts my reverie/And I am once again with you/When our love was new/And each kiss an inspiration/But that was long ago/Now my consolation/Is in the stardust of a song/Beside a garden wall/When stars are bright/You are in my arms/The nightingale tells his fairy tale/A paradise where roses bloom/Though I dream in vain/In my heart it will remain/My stardust melody/The memory of loves refrain...

Lyrics : Mitchell Parish

Music : Hoagy Carmichael
Vocals : Nat King Cole

No comments: